Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratego.com gameside still works!
Fairway Offline

4 thank was given in 3 posts
Stratego.com gameside still works!
Hello everyone,

Even as the forum has gone down, the game itself is still working. As such, I'll post here how I (and others) are still able to play on our PCs.

Go to the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplaye...loads.html

Click "Download the Flash Player Projector"

[Image: AFb3AWQ.png]

Then 'Save as' this to your files in an appropriate place. You'll need to find this file each time you want to open the game.

Go to your files and click on it:

[Image: Up7IkS8.png]

Then, in the top left corner, click file. Then open. Then type the following link in the box it gives you:

Code:
http://game.stratego.com/GameClient/Stratego.swf?languageid=1

[Image: QlXDDhZ.png]

Let me know if this works for you guys!
01-19-2021 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thank given by Murazor, Topper6
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

10 thank was given in 8 posts
RE: Stratego.com gameside still works!
Is there actually a concrete date for the site to go down permanently? I haven’t played on Stratego.com or anywhere else for almost a week, since I’m taking a bit of a break before hopefully joining some tournaments elsewhere. Not sure I can even play on Stratego.com anymore, because I haven’t even tried to log in recently.
01-25-2021 03:11 AM
GaryLShelton Offline
Lieutenant

7 thank was given in 7 posts
The Puffin browser still works as of a couple days ago for me. The new app still works as of today.

Puffin claims Flash is alive and well in its browser.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/A76qqSNXqY67wNrx8
01-26-2021 08:17 PM
GaryLShelton Offline
Lieutenant

Test reply.
01-26-2021 08:19 PM
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

10 thank was given in 8 posts
Yeah, I realized today that I am actually still able to play too. I just got done playing 2 matches after a bit of a break. I still don’t have to do anything special to play, still the same process I’ve always used to play on my old iMac. Can’t believe we are almost to February and everything still works fine, but I’m not complaining.
01-26-2021 08:23 PM
SQL Offline
Spy

2 thank was given in 1 posts
I discovered that I could continue playing Stratego after I watched two most recent videos posted on YouTube by Fairway. However, it was very difficult for me to find any information to to actually install the player and what URL address to use. This is so because at this time these instructions are posted solely on this forum at this thread, and Google search does not find this forum. Previously, the instructions were available on the forum at Stratego.com, but that forum no longer exists. Google search still finds that forum, but not this forum. So it is exceedingly difficult to find the necessary information to continue playing the game.

I was eventually able to find the instructions in the comments on Fairway's latest YouTube video. Actually, the instructions are not even in the comments, but in a reply to one comment. The reply has a link to this thread. Had I not found this reply, I would certainly never have figured out what URL I needed to use, i.e. http://game.stratego.com/GameClient/Stra...nguageid=1

Fairway, please post the link to this thread in each of your videos; not in a reply, but at the very top where the video description is located. If you do so, it would be a greate service to the community as I am sure many more people would join the game.
01-29-2021 09:55 PM
Thank given by 01AAAAF, Fairway
Ausputzer Offline
Scout

1 thank was given in 1 posts
(01-29-2021 09:55 PM)SQL Wrote:  I discovered that I could continue playing Stratego after I watched two most recent videos posted on YouTube by Fairway. However, it was very difficult for me to find any information to to actually install the player and what URL address to use. This is so because at this time these instructions are posted solely on this forum at this thread, and Google search does not find this forum. Previously, the instructions were available on the forum at Stratego.com, but that forum no longer exists. Google search still finds that forum, but not this forum. So it is exceedingly difficult to find the necessary information to continue playing the game.

I was eventually able to find the instructions in the comments on Fairway's latest YouTube video. Actually, the instructions are not even in the comments, but in a reply to one comment. The reply has a link to this thread. Had I not found this reply, I would certainly never have figured out what URL I needed to use, i.e. http://game.stratego.com/GameClient/Stra...nguageid=1

Fairway, please post the link to this thread in each of your videos; not in a reply, but at the very top where the video description is located. If you do so, it would be a greate service to the community as I am sure many more people would join the game.
01-30-2021 10:24 AM
Ausputzer Offline
Scout

1 thank was given in 1 posts
I play with the app on Blue Stacks on mij pc. Works perfect.
01-30-2021 10:27 AM
GaryLShelton Offline
Lieutenant

So far I've been playing on the new app as well. No problems playing, though there are always a lot fewer people online than before. Often only in the 20's or 30's when I'm online. Right now at 13:20 GMT there are 55 players online.

Occasionally the information about the number of players online is not present, for some reason. Most of the time it is, though.
01-30-2021 03:22 PM
KnightofPepsi Offline
Sergeant

16 thank was given in 15 posts
I heard awhile back that the app was going to be taken down January 31. I do not know if this is still scheduled or not.
01-30-2021 04:35 PM
administrator Offline
Administrator

11 thank was given in 5 posts
No news has been passed on, so any time after 31 jan should be considered borrowed time.
01-30-2021 05:57 PM
Murazor Offline
Sergeant

7 thank was given in 6 posts
February 16th, and both the Android app and Fairway´s tip to play on the computer are still working.

[Image: iByYdoJ.png]
02-16-2021 07:02 PM