Poll: Should New Rules be Added to Community Setup?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I like all suggested rules 33.33% 2 33.33%
No, I don’t want more rules added 16.67% 1 16.67%
Vote to swap 2 pieces once setup is finished 0% 0 0%
No front-row flag 16.67% 1 16.67%
Max of 2 front-row bombs 16.67% 1 16.67%
No consecutive picks by same user 16.67% 1 16.67%
Total 6 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Community Setup Rules Poll
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

10 thank was given in 8 posts
Community Setup Rules Poll
Hi all, before Community Setup #2 is eventually made, I thought I’d give all of you a chance to add some rules, if you’d like. If you see a rule you would like added, please vote for it. If an option receives at least 10 votes after this thread has been up for a week and has at least 66% approval, then I will add that rule before making Community Setup #2.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021 09:04 PM by 01AAAAF.)
02-03-2021 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Community Setup Rules Poll
Sorry guys, the poll options on this forum are quite limited. I wanted to make a yes/no option for each rule suggestion, but the poll only allows you to ask one question and then post a bunch of options to respond to that one question.

So, we will do it like this:

If you don’t want any changes, vote “no”. If you like all of the suggestions, vote “yes, I like them all”. If you only like some of the rule suggestions, then vote for the individual rule suggestions that you like. If 66% or greater vote “no” then there will be no rules added. If 66% or greater vote yes for all rules, then all of them will be added. If both the “yes to all” and “no” options fail to reach 66% or greater, then any individual rule suggestion with 66% or greater will be added.

* This poll has been set to close in exactly one week from now.*
02-03-2021 08:42 PM
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

Looks like we probably aren’t going to have enough votes to do anything, at this point. I’m fine with that, as the whole point of these threads was to experiment with different setups that aren’t “competitive” and whatnot. My only concern was that if the setups get too crazy, nobody will want to volunteer to play matches with them. Fortunately, we had a volunteer for Community Setup #1, so this wasn’t an issue this time.

It’s looking like there probably won’t be any rules at all for Community Setup #2, but it would still be nice if we could have a sort of “gentleman’s agreement” where if anyone plans on making picks that might make the setup unplayable, they at least volunteer themselves to play a match with it, so that we are guaranteed to have someone playing matches with the setup. If we don’t get any volunteers in the future, then it’s a decent amount of work on my part for not a whole lot of usefulness. It’s not really a huge deal or anything, but just something that would be nice to see.
02-07-2021 06:37 PM
Nortrom Offline
Captain

10 thank was given in 10 posts
I'd say just make a new thread for a new setup with whichever guidelines you think are best Smile
02-10-2021 02:13 AM
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

That is something I thought about doing before I originally made Community Setup #1, but since I wanted it to be a “community” setup, I felt it didn’t make as much sense for me to be the only one having input on the rules and whatnot. I also didn’t want to add too many of my own rules, because I wanted as many community members to participate as possible and hopefully make it a setup designed by the whole community. I felt a lot of rules may take the fun out of it a bit.

It is a bit difficult to balance because I want people to have fun with this idea, but I still want volunteers to record matches and we may not get as many volunteers in the future if the setups are really crazy/bad. I also have thought about just trying to record games myself, but I have absolutely no idea how to do any of that and it would probably require buying a whole new PC/Mic and everything, which just doesn’t really seem worth it. I guess we will see how the matches from this setup play out and then see what needs to happen after that.
02-10-2021 02:39 AM