Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions for forum members
Richelieu Offline
Scout

5 thank was given in 4 posts
Questions for forum members
The number of publications decreases without stopping. Some days nobody posts content. Anyone has any idea to make this forum a more active place? What topics or what content would make you participate more actively in the forum?

Are you here just waiting for info, hoping the good progress made by the SBN become a new place to play?

This was not the Stratego community. How do you think this situation could be improved?
03-14-2021 01:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bill carson Offline
Scout

0 thank was given in 0 posts
RE: Questions for forum members
I don’t see any hope
03-14-2021 02:42 AM
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

10 thank was given in 8 posts
Another part of the reason I made my Community Setup threads was to perhaps give the community something to talk about while the new site is being worked on. The old site dying has kinda hindered those threads though, since there is no official way to play and discuss those matches.

I’ve also been quite busy with work over the last 2 months and I haven’t had a chance to play any matches at all in that whole time period. I have Spring Break and vacation coming up soon, so I should have a bit more free time for a few weeks, but without a reliable way to play, there isn’t much to talk about unfortunately... I haven’t really had the time recently to sit down and learn how to fully use the alternative site, but maybe once I get it figured out over Spring Break I’ll have something to talk about.

Also, a lot of players were grinding a lot of matches on the old site right when it was first announced that it was going down, because we were trying to grind as much rank as possible. I know that this led to a bit of burnout, which may be contributing to some users perhaps just taking a short break for a little while.

I’ve also mentioned previously that some of the users of the old forum may have simply forgotten the links to this forum and/or simply don’t know how to find this forum. The old forum’s community was never massive (at least in my time there) especially compared to many other forums I’ve been on for other games. This current forum has tried admirably, but unfortunately the already small community has apparently shrunken further.

All hope is not entirely lost though. I’m sure many users are just simply taking a short break. I expect users like Fairway to be more active again in the near future, especially when the new site is announced. There are also apparently some number of players who communicate entirely on Discord, although I am not a part of that.

The new site will probably need a new forum to bring all of the players back together and Jumbo will need to do some work to advertise the new forum/playing site and whatnot. If possible, Jumbo could even start doing TV ads for Stratego or something, because I know a lot of Americans only hear about board games when we physically go to a store and/or a gaming convention of some sort. If more people saw the game being advertised on TV, they might be more inclined to buy the game and perhaps the community would grow larger. Or maybe the ads could just be played as YouTube ads, as a possible alternative. Jumbo also needs to make sure that their new official forum shows up at the top of all the Search Engine results, because a lot of people, I think, can’t be bothered to scroll through page after page of search results when they try to find the Stratego forum.

Just some of my disorganized thoughts.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2021 10:10 PM by 01AAAAF.)
03-14-2021 06:52 PM
Thank given by David81
Bill carson Offline
Scout

0 thank was given in 0 posts
Hello friend..So do you think they will create a new game?????are you sure about that??if yes that’s great news!!!!!!do you know some more informations?thank you
03-15-2021 01:11 AM
01AAAAF Offline
Lieutenant

10 thank was given in 8 posts
Unfortunately no, I don’t have access to any more concrete news than anyone else here has. It does seem like a new site is possibly in development though, judging by this thread: http://www.strategocommunity.freebb.nl/thread-21.html

From what I can tell, Jumbo seems to have found someone to potentially start work on a new site, but they are probably still working out the final details like payment and whatnot. I have no way to know for sure, that’s just speculation on my part. I think it’s fairly likely that we will eventually have a new official site to play on, but I think it will probably take a while until everything is finished and able to be talked about. Nothing seems to have been officially confirmed yet, so I suppose it’s still possible that we end up with nothing.
03-15-2021 03:09 AM
Thank given by David81, Murazor, GaryLShelton
David81 Offline
Spy

3 thank was given in 2 posts
(03-15-2021 03:09 AM)01AAAAF Wrote:  Unfortunately no, I don’t have access to any more concrete news than anyone else here has. It does seem like a new site is possibly in development though, judging by this thread: http://www.strategocommunity.freebb.nl/thread-21.html

From what I can tell, Jumbo seems to have found someone to potentially start work on a new site, but they are probably still working out the final details like payment and whatnot. I have no way to know for sure, that’s just speculation on my part. I think it’s fairly likely that we will eventually have a new official site to play on, but I think it will probably take a while until everything is finished and able to be talked about. Nothing seems to have been officially confirmed yet, so I suppose it’s still possible that we end up with nothing.

Fingers crossed and thanks for this informal update!
03-15-2021 03:52 PM
Thank given by 01AAAAF, GaryLShelton